Eating fajitas can now be part of your healthy diet with this healthy chicken fajitas recipe!
• 1 lb chicken breast, skinless and boneless (or 1 lb flank steak, fish or shrimp)
• Cracked black pepper to taste
• 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and sliced into thin strips
• 1 white onion, peeled and sliced into thin slices
• 8 whole-wheat flour tortillas Guacamole:
• 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
• 1 ripe tomato, diced
• 1 tbsp lime juice
• Tabasco sauce to taste
• 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped Tomato salsa:
• 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
• 1 red onion, diced
• 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)
• 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
Fajitas: Slice the chicken into thin strips and season with cracked pepper. Sauté in non-stick pan until fully cooked. Grill or sauté the onions and peppers until cooked. Warm tortillas in the oven.
Guacamole: Mash the avocado in a mixing bowl. Combine all ingredients and mix until evenly distributed.
Tomato Salsa: In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. To Serve: Place warm tortillas on four plates and top with chicken, vegetables, guacamole and salsa. Roll into your favorite shape.